Monday, June 27, 2011

Smooth Sailing...

These couple weeks have been a success. The waves have settled and "Ahoy! - land is in view!!! " Our little boat is coming in!
***
Jean marc is doing better. He is going longer and longer without any "serious" problems. I am still hodling my breath a lot of the time, but - feeling now that this may be it! The worst is really over. We can all relax a little.. I feel like I could sleep for the next 9 months...
Time to layout on the boat and get some sun! The rain is gone!
 The boys too I think. We could all use a really long nap...or a really great HOLIDAY!!!!!!
 And so we continue with our window gazing and pastry eating. I've started to run a little again, swim a little, and things have gotten their taste back. We can all actually enjoy a good dessert, a nice chocolate eclair...things are starting to have taste again, for real, not just "for written".
 And my baby boys have done and excellent job of hanging on through this roller coaster. Of doing their best, of doing what they have to do. It's like I handed them both little backpacks at the beginning of this adventure, packed them with strength, love and courage and sent them on their way, sometimes alone, and through dark forests, hoping they would make good use of what they had if they needed. And they did...
 and they came out like champions. With the support of one another, through the good, the bad and the ugly.
...Today Jm is walking some, cooking some, working some, and loving to be up and about again with Kenji and Keo. Papa is back, slowly. Things are still rough sometimes, some days are good, some are not. He needs lots of rest, he needs to get some weight back on, he needs to recover lots. His attitude of steel has gotten him through this, he doesn't even look back at what has happened. I guess we all don't, not yet at least..we are just trying to dust ourselves off still, and I don't know when that time will be when we all come around to looking back. All I know for sure is that it is still not yet. We are still running with our feet off the ground trying to get the hec out of where we have just been and not yet ready to talk about our experience. 
- looking to the future is not a bad thing after all sometimes and going through this without the support of family & friends near and far have made everything good possible. i am so lucky.
(and i am so happy to write this post. It feels like a little story coming to end, with a good, GREAT ending.)
xoxoxo

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you mookie!

Michelle said...

we're so happy for you guys, and very proud of how strong and loving you all are.
Remember if you need a holiday you know you can come to Brittany
xxx

Ginger said...

oh my- this brought a joyful tear to my eye! I think about you all often and am so glad to hear happiness in your voice. The pictures are amazing as usual. Love you and hope to see you soon!

-ginger

Veronica said...

Que lindas fotos de mis preciosos chicolinos! Con Amor, Vero

TiffanyBryant said...

Gisa - It is so great to hear a little relief in your words. I am so happy to hear that JM is doing better! I think of you guys often and read your blog every week. Thank you for keeping us posted on your life in Paris and JM's recovery!

Miss you guys! Tell JM I say hello :)


~Tiffany

Lily said...

This post makes me very very Happy!!! I just feel a sense of ease for all of you, and that is something I know you've been waiting on a long, long time. Enjoy the rest of the summer, with some family time I hope.
And.... maybe you should have been an actress, as you said in an earlier post. But, I think photography is your calling too! Your photos are amazing and beautiful. I love the one of Kenji with Keo's hand, and JM and Keo. Never got to post, but the Lego minifigure post was awesome too. I want to hang those photos up in my house.
Miss you and love you lots. Hugs and kisses to everyone.
Lily

Anonymous said...

aaaaaahhhh! je suis tellement heureuse de vous voir apaisés tous les 4, après ces longs mois de doutes, de peur, la maladie a fini par être loin derrière vous!
tant mieux!
Bises à tous les 4 et beaucoup de bonheur dans votre nouvelle vie , que chaque moment soit délicieux pour vous.
Vanina

Sevim Hancioglu said...

Dear Gisa,
Great to hear JM is getting better and you have started enjoying your life again! I think about you very often and very proud of you, JM, Keo and Kenji about how loving and supportive you are to each other. Life sometimes challenges us with the most loved ones but we stay patient and strong and wait for our story coming to a good, GREAT ending. My tender hugs, love
sevim