Sunday, October 10, 2010

bonjour!

Simbad in Paris!
There are some things in Paris besides the delicious chocolate pastries, that I instantly want to  devour and shove down into my secret inspiration vein. And I want to do this before anyone else around me can lay their eyes them. It's a very selfish feeling. An "all mine, no one else can look at this" kinda feeling.
I love some things so darn much it hurts, my eyes get this raw aching feeling just staring at them. I feel my eyelids peeling back to get a better look and I don't know if they are going to stop! I seriously have no control over them and I worry I must look like some psycho mad American women out of a horror film just standing there. AND then I remember I have my camera on me. I take my pictures and run out of the store with my loved images in my hands and my eyes back to normal. 

This chocolate sign below spoke to me. It said "take a bath with me.." I loved this sign so much I wanted to cover it up with a blanket for only my eyes to see. ....Weird no?

                                                 Oh Happy Colors, Happy Faces.
"French Plate Princesses meet Peruvian Princess"
Happy French-plate princesses, are you inviting me to have a tea party? I think so!..Can you be my new friends? Can we meet in the garden for tea then, pick some innocent zucchini? Can we play Apples to Apples after dark? Have a wine tasting party?  Oui?
 
Something about French cursive writing above and below that is extremely inviting and kind "join us for tea, eat your quiche, step inside and have a baguette, drink this chocolate sign"


Very happy Keo in magical toystore


Dear Friends, it has been more than a few weeks now that we search for a place to call home. I am still not sure to go with the one I have in mind. I'm tired of searching, of getting excited only to be disappointed by the fact the apartment I love is 6 flights of stairs high, or only available in December.. Why don't they tell me these things over the phone? *note to myself " don't assume the apartment is available asap even though the ad says available asap, and always always ask what floor it's on and if there is an elevator." Having a small bit of grass for the kids is a bit lower on my list now, but I still very much need 70m2 + to live in and Kenji NEEDS his own room desperately . He is soon to be 11, and Keo is just being Keo at full force . Sensing Kenji needs some space. He looks bigger these weeks too :)
Baby boy...born October 26, 1999 in Fontainebleau, France

1 comment:

John said...

We'll need to get Simbad a tie like that!

What are the plate princesses saying? Eat your quiche?