Thursday, May 12, 2011

Allez! - off the ground.

Ok. we are all fine, JM is fine, I'm fine.. I needed to get all that crap off my chest the other night. JM is doing lots better. He was tranferred to Paul Brousse where they dealt with the infection. I had him on the phone yesterday and he sounded GREAT. It was a urinary track infection that caused horrible coughing and just wiped him out. He will be home at the weekend. I will try to see him tonight.

I know, and have known that all these downs are part of the "package" of this liver transplant process. I know and expect there to be difficult times, sick times, worrysome times, spitful times. I also know that in a months time, 25 or so days from today we will be in a much better place with JM's health situation. He will be stronger and happier and less fragile. -Anyone got some really good immune system pills they recommend?

Some things I wanted to share: I wondered why I wasn't writing this past month. And now I know WHY!
It is because Amy is here and I feel connected and somewhat satisfied, close to home...no need to reach to cyberspace for some support. She is here and it has totally made a difference. I felt really close to home.
And when I came home that late night and was alone I needed to SCREAM at my blog. I couldn't just run upstairs to Amy, wake her from her sleep and be like "THIS SUCKS!!!!"

Also, this past month has been really great. JM had come home, Amy and Liam were here, I then started my long 2 week programme, it was all kind new, fun, distracting, and very busy, a page turned in this story.

Thank you for reaching out ot me, your voices are heard from this distance, near and far. I get my strength from your support, your pep talks and your ability to empathize with me. merci...

PS - Amy had a birthday yesterday!!!! In France!

5 comments:

canicho said...

Hi Gisa,

I just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you. All of you are loved and missed and I wish that I could be there to help. If there is anything that you ever need do not hesitate to ask.
Love,
Cathy

Michelle said...

glad JM is doing better and will be home again this weekend

hugs
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Contente que JM aille mieux!
youpi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bises à tout le monde, Vanina

canicho said...

I'm so glad that JM is getting better. We think of you guys every day.
Love,
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Gisa, je t'avais dit que je passerai ce soir mais Joséphine a une gastro alors on reste chez nous.
Je n'ai aps envie de vous rapporter ça à la maison.
Bises aux enfants et à JM.
Vanina