Monday, January 17, 2011

A Long Walk well Needed

Sunday morning was just gorgeous. The weather was 15 degrees Celsius, it was sunny, and it was Market Day in Fontainebleau, AND it is "Les Soldes in France at the moment!!"! A day well needed. Jean Pierre, Jean Marcs dad  and his wife came to visit us for the day from Blois, about 2 hours south of Paris.  "Pepe" - (grandpa) and Kenji went riding along on their scooters and I just took pictures of all the pretty things that caught my eye along the way to and from home. Here is my picture list:
Pepe and Kenji 
 White door.
Pretty little window sill, shutters open...
 A Maison de Ville.
Window, shutters closed...must be on vacation, you don't ever leave your shutters closed during sunlit hours!
Door nobs in the middle of the door..
This is a typical Fontainebleau window, shutter...holder. This little man is seen all around town holding windows shutters in place. Today he is facing up, often he is facing down, whenever we see him facing down the kids and I always turn him up, always!
Just a street sign, that's all. A normal street sign. But.. doesn't it look so strong! and what presence!!!
Somebody has a cute address tile above their door!
A Great Rock Wall!
 The number 2's - my neighbors to the front, The "Close Your Shutters" people.
The "cut and paste" house. View of our other neighbors to the side, I want to cut and paste this house into an art piece!
Our Window! (shutters open)
I need curtains, and there are so many kinds you can get! Ones that stick to your windows like we saw above, ones that are flowy and breezy, ones that are heavy and warm...sigh...oh the choices...Must snap some shots of my favorites and then decide. I want to let the light in...I don't want to cover them from the inside because I love looking at them...so for now there is nothing and I'm happy with that, but, for privacy reasons and out of respect for the neighbors I must get myself some curtains!
Perfectly trimmed trees.
A wonderful day spent out.
Market day Tuesday...coming up! And it's "Le Soldes" in France at the moment! Oh la la, Les Soldes!!!!! (Sale Sale!!!)


1 comment:

vaninaB said...

coucou ma gisa!
Je suis contente de voir que ton moral remonte! rien de tel qu'une visite familiale pour ça et surtout les soldes!!!!!!!!!
Profite bien !
Bisous à vous 4!!!
Vanina