Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dr. Droupy?

Introducing "The Hospital" - not bad looking eh?
 Kenji and Keo at the hospital waiting for papa to get out of an appointment.
Good thing things are nice to look at around here. Nothing ugly, beauty everywhere! And -those scooters are the best things I ever bought. Boys travel everywhere with them: to Paris, to the hospital, to and into museums, bakeries and soon to school!
A great way for the kids to pass them time these days.
Another great idea: A fun park at the hospital! Well, not a fun park, but a Carousal! Right there a minutes walk from the hospital.

To describe France with just a few C's? - simple:
1.Carousals
2.Chocolate Croissants
3. Cafes
4. Candy! 

A trip to the hospital this week to drop JM off for his pre-transplant exam and this is what I run in to in the hallway?: A Prof. S. Droupy? 
                   "Hhmm..will you be taking care of my husband... Dr. Droupy??"

 Well, we are well on our way here for..lots of things. JM's appointments and hospital stays seem to be coming right along. I had a good heart to heart with the doctors, kicked and screamed my way into getting my husband the best and quickest medical care possible ...and this is where it takes us. It's a bittersweet feeling. I want JM to get in asap...at the same time it's very scary, and it's only after all these appointments are in place, that I realize I really don't want any of this to be happening. It's only when I drive home with kids, and after dropping him off, that I really realize what the hell is going on, it's starting to sink in. Forget my apartment hunting, these mindless details of where to live...This is life. My life, My husbands life, My kids life... I hate the drive home. I hate the week ahead, but then I know he will come home soon and things will be normal again, more yummy breakfasts, more strolls, more sightseeing. This is our life back and forth..and at the end of the day, life is still very sweet for us.
This morning I took Kenji and Keo for a chocolate chaud in town. We sat there, drank our warm breakfast boissons, and talked about how Kenji will begin school tomorrow!!!
Whoo-hoo! School!!! We must rise at 6, leave at 7 and be in Fontainebleau at 8 for school at 8:30am! Then Kenji will have his lunch break and Keo and I will be eagerly waiting for him outside and take him to lunch in town! Then back to school till 3? no, 4? nooo...5? Oui! 5pm he has school, can you believe that? Keo and I will spend the day updating my Visa, walking around (taking pics of course) and oh yes I almost forgot, how could I forget, and looking for apartments...huh, can't believe that left my mind.

No comments: