Saturday, November 6, 2010

Enfin! L'ecole a Kenji!

Here it is! Kenji had his second day of school on Friday! He was nervous, but bravely stood there before the iron gates of Ecole International Leonard De Vinci  and headed into the crowd of kids.
We woke up at 5:30am to drive to Fontainebleau, school started at 8:30am. We had a nice long drive in the car, talked about what it may be like.
I wanted to stay, to hold his hand, to keep telling him it was going to be ok. He kept a straight face knowing he had to do this, knowing it was his time move forward. I was proud of him. It was a turning point for all of us after all we have been through. - JM was unable to attend unfortunately due to hospital stay, but it was no big deal, he will be able to accompany Kenji soon enough.
You can see Kenji above there looking back...
Keo, looking past the gate to see Kenji go. I didn't like the sound of the gates when they closed! I felt so far away from Kenji and the sound was just so loud and harsh. I just stood there while all the other parents left, I wanted to hold the bars, poke my head in and yell "hey there, teacher, do you need some extra help in the classroom? - I.., I can speak Spanish too, I can help in the art room? , with swim class?, helloooo???"
As everything quieted down Keo and I slowly walked away and headed into town, to wait for Kenji, at 11:30 for lunch.
I did though get to sneak in after him for a second and snap this picture!!! Isn't this how it is? Just look! You can almost here the commotion in the room, the chairs sliding as the kids stand up, the teacher saying "children settle down". How is Kenji feeling???
--Well, he didn't say much when I picked him up. He just wanted to go eat. It was hard getting much out of him. He was quiet. I did though find out that the whole morning was conducted in French! History in French, Math in French! 
--We then went off to lunch. Since I don't work at the moment Kenji is obliged to go home for lunch, except on Tuesdays where he eats at the "Cantine". So.. I have to get him every day at 11:30 and have lunch ready. Um..that's nice and all, but really, every day??? AND since we don't have a house at the moment we take our lunch break out in town, which is quite nice really. Chinese for lunch two days in a row, Kenji and Keo love the shrimp chips and the restaurant people love that we are "regulars" (for now..)
 That was a day indeed for all of us. First day of school down, many more to go. One kid in school, one more to go. A house to secure, and many many more things to do. We have finally moved forward. Hurray!!!

No comments: