Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Keo's first week of French School

FRENCH SCHOOL.
"Yes Keo, it's all in French. Yes, I know, you don't know French very well...but you'll learn, it'll be fun...You'll be speaking French before you know it..you'll make some friends too.."
Keo Rollin starts French School. My baby. Doesn't speak much French at all and now he must sit and listen to French all day long and learn to write in cursive! The little children were very sweet. They are very affectionate...They came, hugged him, cuddled him, and pet him! They kissed him on his head and played with his cowlick.. All this in the first 15 minutes of our arrival! I thought to myself "Ok, that's sweet, being affectionate is sweet, JM is very affectionate...this is all so sweet, very touchy touchy, not very rigid, this is sweet".
Well EVERYDAY, the kids come, cuddle Keo, hug, kiss and pet him. Keo on the other hand is like "what in the world!?" It's been 5 days of hugs and lots of loving. The teacher greets Keo with a kiss and a hug everyday, and the children follow suite soon after. He's kind of getting use to it now and I think he kind of likes it. Public affection starts at a young age here! Kissy Kissy Kissy and everyone is happy!
 So what can I say? This school maternelle "Ecole La Cloche" is very SWEET! 
Wooden chairs, handmade curtains, beautiful iron balconys, tall French windows :)...
And Keo seems happy. Whats great is that school in right in town, right there not far from our house or the bakery ...the chocolate croissants!!!
-----
This week JM had his last round of final exams at Hopital Paul Brousse (where his surgery is going to be done). It's been a busy week for him. He is tired...
We have a house finally. We have the kids in school, we almost have a phone and internet. We are good. We are settling. How do I really know that I'm feeling settled? Let me tell you - the moment I made this list below: 
Buy: 
Salted butter 
and Unsalted Butter"
That is when I knew I was "HOME" again. Why did this simple list of butter make such a huge impact on me? Because, it's been ages since I can remember making a list that included silly things like salted butter AND unsalted butter. This means I am ready to take on other things besides packing, unpacking, hospital visits, house hunting, school searching administrative papers, and other things...this list means that I have actually gone from one place to another and made it. It means things are feeling normal again, finally.
It is time to rest now, to enjoy, to get some strength back and to get ready. I'm ready, I know I can handle this now.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Gisa, dear Gisa, I have just come across this blog after thinking of you today and checking your FB page. So much news we have to catch up on and we need to fit in a few visits while you are in France! Please send me your number if you have one so we can chat. I'll send you mine via FB and your email.
I can sympathise with so much as we moved back to France in July. Laila and Keo will have a lot in common at school!
And lastly I make the same lists of butter!!!

Big hugs and kisses to you all and extra special for JM
xxx