Saturday, November 6, 2010

A HOUSE! - A HOME! - I HAVE ONE!!!

Dear Blacksburg!!! I found a house! I found a place to live! Can you hear me?! I'm yelling to you with my words!!! --Here it is above!
Well, not really, this is the Palace of Fontainebleau, but I did find a place to live and guess what? We move in tomorrow!!! I spent this whole week playing a sneaky game of "I'm interested in this and I'm interested in that" with the agencies. I played by their rules the first time and got burned (lost the apt. I really worked hard for and really wanted..) so I learned my lesson.  This time, they played by my rules, and, I got what I wanted in the end: A house, a beautiful space for us to do what we need to do while we are here. It's magnificent! It's gorgeous and it's very french! Boys have their own rooms, two bathrooms!, a cute kitchen  - with a-to-die for window, and a little living room and eating area. It's Prrrrrfect! I can't tell you how happy I am. Those two days of waking up at 5:30 and getting to Fontainebleau were exhausting and I didn't think I would be able to do it again the next week and now I don't have to! We move in tomorrow, so dear reader, I won't be able to post for maybe 10 days or so, maybe sooner if I go to a cafe, but I think I'll be busy moving in and so on. I'm so happy! 
And, it is with great effort and heavy heart that I post this picture of Petunia.
I do this because I feel I can today. Because I feel that the day I signed for my house she was with me. It's kinda weird maybe to say that, but, after her recent passing and this past month I was wondering at night, in bed, when I would maybe get a "sign" from her. Sounds strange I know, but I did ask for a sign during some troubled times this month. I asked her to help me find some stability, to help me get through all of this. I asked her and the universe that if there really was something out there, to show me through Petunia somehow that she was with me, like a grandma maybe, to look after me. Well dear reader, it was that early Friday morning that for the first time since her passing I ran into another Chinese Pekingese doggy. He was walking with his owner, as I was walking in town desperately looking at potential apartments we ran into each other. I was so happy at first. I stopped the owner asked if I could pet her beautiful dog. I bent down and for the first time, I felt petunia, her head, her fur, the back, the same as Petunia, it was just like Petunia would feel. I even gave it a little kiss on his forhead and then I cried a little bit. I then stood up and shared with the lady, she was kind and understood some, but not really. I gave the doggie one last little pet and said thank you. It was then dear reader that felt I parted peacefully with Petunia, only then. Was it the fact that I kinda got to say goodbye? That I got one last little hug out of her? One last kiss? I think it was maybe. I felt sad but good in my heart, but very sad again.
Moving on with my search and my day I got Kenji from his second day at school and we went to eat at the local Chinese again. It was there, again that I saw on a menu Petunia! A Pekingese soup...I didn't quite like the idea, prefer the boat cruise instead, but nevertheless there she was. So the day went on and at the end of this very long day I finally, finally found our house. I found it and signed on it. I found it the same day I "saw Petunia" For me that is something, I found meaning in that, and that is why I feel strong posting this picture,... maybe I looked for meaning and made this little story out of it, but it fits and I feel like all these happy things happened on one very sunny day in France when everything else around us seemed like they were kinda falling apart. So Hurray for this day!!! xoxoxo 

Talk soon, ..how exciting! ..I found my house!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gisa!! I am sooo happy for all of you, finally, what a relief for me too, I wanted you to have your own space with the kids..thank the Lord! everything will jus be fine muneca.
I miss you more than I want to write.

Love you---Mama Lali.

StephHarrison7 said...

This is great Gisa Pizza Valeritza! Miss you and can't wait to see you and the muneco's! xoxo

Stephanina

Andrea said...

Ahh Gisa! How wonderful to read this entry, I'm so glad for you. Your telling of Petunia's message is so moving. Good luck in your beautiful new digs!! Hello to J-M, Kenji and to Keo ... of course to Rosa as well. Hugs to your own sweet self.