Monday, March 28, 2011

7pm -off the "block" in Intensive Care

JM is now in intensive care. He is done with the operation. He did an amazing job!!! The lady that calls me Katrine told me he was strong, his blood pressure stayed steady. She also told me again what a "good looking" liver he is getting. She told me that this morning at 4am and she told me that again, told me it was pink, that it was tres tres beau (very very beautiful). So now he is out of or off the block as they call it and in intensive care. He will come around at midnight french time, 7pm US. I can call and see how he is in one hour. They say he will be sleeping but that I can get an update. I can call again at 1am and see if he is awake, but I can't talk to him. Tomorrow I drop the kids at school and head to Rosas to pick her up, we will go and change my tire which is FLAT....and then go see JM between 14hr and 15hr. Then I will make it back to Fontainebleau on time to get the boys. Today I picked them up from school, had our goutez...they asked where papa was...I told them , with a really calm and but happy news face that Papa got the call and that he is in surgery :) then I said "isn't that great news!?" they just looked at me and said..."so....do we get to go back to Blacksburg now?" 
I think it helped that I was "happy" this day has come finally. We then left for the park and just got back,  it's 8pm.
Thank you for your red candles. THank you for your thoughts. I feel strong, I know JM wants me to be strong. I know he doesn't want me crying or sad, SO Im not one bit. I am just feeling excited to have this day come and be over and get on the road to recovery. I told Ivan le Pape our situation today..for the first time and he was so sweet and concerned. Then before we left with our baguette he gave me a quiche!
I will write more later tonight. So far so good, JM is resting, he has a new liver! He is fine, he is going to be GREAT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

je suis le blog minute par minute!!!!
Nous sommes très heureux pour vous et tu diras à JM que dès qu'il ira mieux, il a gagné de la charcuterie corse, je sais qu'il adore ça
Boncourage encore et gros bisous à vous 4.
Tu peux venir déposer les enfants mercredi matin, à la maison et prendre ton mercredi pour aller voir JM.
Vanina

Veronica said...

Gisa,
we are soooo happy JM has a beautiful liver and that he is on his way to recovery. Thinking of you all day. Candle is still burning.
We love you loads and are proud of you! Hugs and kisses to the boys.
V and B

PS How did you know you were going to have tire issues back in Feb, I believe it was???

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so happy for you and JM! Today started with snow on the ground and really grey as I read this post the sun burst through the clouds with bright blue skies! All of 'burg is rooting for you and the weather is reflecting :) look forward to the next update!

Andrea said...

"... he is going to be GREAT!"

My candle is still going strong - I'll keep one lit until JM is well out of the woods. I'm so pleased.

Love to the entire Rollin family, and to the wider world there!