Monday, March 28, 2011

Half way through

It's 2:30pm here in France. Paul Brousse just phoned. I wasn't expecting a call till 7 this evening. The lady I had on the phone is the same lady I saw this morning at 4am. She called to tell me JM is doing GREAT. She says they are half way through with the operation, that JM's liver has been replaced. That now they are ..hmm, how do I say this in English..? they are making sure his veins and arteries are in place with the new liver. She kept saying all was well, that he was doing great. I am so happy. I feel so far from him here, but he is sleeping right now, fighting to..or maybe better..working with the new organ and getting ready to wake up soon. I will get a call again at 4pm to hear more news. I will get the kids in a couple hours, take them home, talk to them.

Jm's family has been great. They have been very supportive, they call, they want to know if they can come stay with me. Tonight I just need to be with the kids though. I need to come home and be calm with them. I need to be there for them and ready to answer all their questions.

xoxo
gisa

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Our thoughts are with you - thanks for the updates!

Ginger said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you all. xoxo, ginger

Anonymous said...

DEs bougies brûlent jusqu' en Corse (ma maman et ses copines) !
Plein, plein de courage et de bonnes nouvelles!
bises
Vanina

Andrea said...

You said, "Tonight I just need to be with the kids though. I need to come home and be calm with them. I need to be there for them and ready to answer all their questions."

Of course, of course. And Gisa the rest of us are here for YOU!

Love ...

Anonymous said...

Gisa and family , we think of you and have our support....cant wait to open that "Pommard" with JM!!
Bizoux...Dany and Thierry

Lily said...

Another red candle lit in airport acres (along with ALL the other candles I could find in the house:) You are all in our hearts and prayers, today more than ever.
Love you all lots, Lily

ssalzberg said...

Add another family sending you all love and strength. Hug each other tight and know we love you. I'm with kenji and keo...counting the days until we see you all again!!

Mike A. said...

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your whole family. Great to hear your good news, lots of love!