Monday, March 28, 2011

Candles for JM - he is in surgery

Dear someone, everyone,

It is now 10:30am French time. Today we got the call from the hospital at 3am our time, 10pm US time. We were sleeping, phone rang :
"Hello, Madam Rollin?
"yes?"
"...It's time.." 

-yup, that is pretty much what the conversation went like. I think I said something like "what? what now?" and she said something like "...come! now!" We then called an ambulance, we called our on call babysitter Laura, she came in 20 min. We called JM's aunt Tina to ask her to meet us there... Kenji and Keo were sound asleep, Jm kisses them, we leave. We got to the hospital 40 min. later - no traffic on the way to Paris which was great.
So that "not-knowing-when-the-call-will-come" part is OVER. I had all my scenerious set up and ready for take off. And this is how it happens. good. it worked out. We stayed with JM for a few hours while they prepped him. His aunt knew the nurses as she herself had a liver transplant 10 year ago! So everyone was exchanging kisses...
JM was great, funny, sometimes serious, but mostly funny. We hung around and then it was time for him to go off. They said he had to take all his jewlery off, so he gave me his ring. -SAD moment-. JM has always been very adament about never ever ever taking his ring off. He hasn't taken his ring off in 11 years of marriage, ever. So this was quite a moment. Now his ring sits next to my ring on my middle finger. They wheeled JM through the operation door, he waved, I filmed him a bit on my camera, and we said goodbye.
Tina drove me home to Fontainebleau, I arrived at my door at 7:30am, got in, walked upstairs, woke the kids up, got them dressed, had our breakfast and off to school they went. They didn't ask about JM as they thought he was sleeping. Luckily Keo didn't ask to kiss Papa this morning as he does almost every morning...
I went back home and now I am at work. I will leave at 4:15 to get he boys at 4:30. I will then take them home, tell them papa went in for his operation and deal with that. We will have dinner and we will be together. Then I will get a phone call tonight at 7 or 8pm to tell me JM is out of operation and that everything went well. They will then tell me that he won't be consious till midnight and they will tell me to come tomorrow. I will take the day off tomorrow to visit JM while the kids are in school.
Right now all is fine. I'm fine, JM is in surgery. I talked to him mom, she is fine. I talked to my mom, she is fine. Everyone is doing ok.
I will write more tonight after the call.
xoxoxo
gisa

2 comments:

John said...

Many big thanks for keeping us up to date. You know you guys will be in our thoughts all day. I hope to hear more good news from you soon!

Andrea said...

Hi Gisa! Just wanted to let you know that just now I have lit your big red candle ... I *know* it will make all the difference! (Really, I'm all over this saint and pagan ritual business; it just seems to work when done sincerely!)

All my love to the Rollinses ...