Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 2 - First full day after surgery. It's 11:15pm

What can I say here....he is my honey, my sweetheart, my strong husband. He kept it going, he held on tight and here he is BACK! All this waiting and now it's done and over and look at him!!!
This is his mama Rosa. I picked her up today and we went. Visiting hours are between 14hr-15hr, She is happy to see him, she is happy to see me going strong too. That's her baby too.
This is where he will be for awhile. Doctors say he will be in Intensive Care for a week or so. We visit him behind the glass, we talk to him through the intercome. He is doing excellent. Nurses say he was "untubed" earlier than most patients. He is breathing on his own now. He woke up earlier than most patients too! He just wants to get out of there :) come home, be with us, continue life. get on with it, put this behind us.
The kids asked about where he was again, Keo did. Kenji asked how long he will be gone. I explained to the surgery again and how papa will be gone for a month. That we can visit him all starting next week. And so it happens that tonight out of all nights Kenji asks for a an email account, a Facebook account, an Ipod Touch, a bike. Where and why? and I felt like calling Jm and telling him, asking him his advice, this is something you talk about as parents...so tomorrow I will tell him. I will ask him what he thinks about that. I guess it's ok. Kenji wants to communicate with the world, you could be his facebook friend! really???Kenji on Facebook? no!!!! my baby! next thing is Keo will ask for a facebook account too!!!

I'm off to bed. Today was long. I need some serious sleep. Will post again tomorrow!!!

8 comments:

Veronica said...

We are so happy to see JM and you, Gisa, going strong.
love you loads,
V

Andrea said...

Oh Gisa, it's all too amazing. One day at a time though, and the Rollins will be coming home! Kenji, Keo, and Rosa ... all having each their own needs.

Facebook!!! Go figure.

JM and Gisa, what a pair.

Anonymous said...

Hooray! That's wonderful! You guys are definitely in my thoughts. I wish you the best luck and quick recovery.

ssalzberg said...

SO nice to see you guys. Keeping you all in our thoughts. Hope you're remembering to EAT and SLEEP!! Take care of you, too!! Oh, and hug your boys, of course!

canicho said...

Definately get some sleep. Just know that we are thinking of you and sending you are best.

Jen said...

What great news, Gisa! You're in our thoughts!

Anonymous said...

coucou!
je venais aux nouvelles et me voilà rassurée....
encore plein de courage!
Bises, Vanina qui pense bcp à vous.

Michelle said...

He looks really well. I think the hardest will be keeping the kids from worrying, hope their visiting time comes around quickly. I can't wait to be Kenji's friend on facebook LOL!!!