Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 13,14,15,16 and 17.

I don't really know what to write, I'm writing because I told myself long ago I would, when times were good and when times got tough, knowing that the water would get a little high every now and again. I don't feel like writing.
An update: JM is doing better. It has been a very long and tiring week. His episode on Sunday made him very weak and all of us worried. You never really realize how serious things are or what really happened till later...I had my appointment with the doctor on Tuesday. She said it was the fault of the nurse as to why JM had to have a blood transfusion on Sunday night. I don't want to get into the details. All in all I was just really angry. Angry that no one called me to tell me this happened, angry that I had to find out from JM over the phone this happened and angry and incredibly hopeless and upset that his voice was so weak over the phone. He was angry, yet he had no energy to speak.
Today, Wednesday night everything is better. We discussed with the doctors yesterday about what happened. She assumes responsibility for the nurse doing her job wrong. And all she really has to say is that in medicine, some times these things happen...His overall status...liver, is working really well, no infections and he is getting his energy back slowly. I brought Rosa with me yesterday to talk to the doctor and see JM. Dr. Antonini reassured us that they were doing the best they could...she was very honest. She says some nurses are better trained than others, that the nurses rotate, some on are vacation, that she had 30 other patients to look after...this and that...(angry!!!)

Today:  JM looked better, he can eat almost anything now, it's time to put some of that weight back on.
His voice is strong again over the phone. He is having family visit once a day.

We are staying at Rosa's house. Sandrine is here with Loup. From tomorrow we will move back to Fontainebleau.  I am looking forward to my bed and a good nights sleep again. I have been visiting JM in the evenings, coming to Rosa's at for the night, leaving for Fontainebleau for work in the morning. It's all coming down on me, the fatigue, the stress, the worries. It's too much at times and I have no place to really let it out. Not with JM, not at Rosa's, not with the kids, so traffic it is. I feel like I'm in a tumble dryer.
I know things will let up. JM is doing better and he will continue to get better from here on out.

Tomorrow his brother Brice visits him. They haven't seen each other in a long time.

Kenji and Keo are holding up too but miss Papa and now with all this to and fro and me leaving for work and all they seem a little off too...

I'm going to have to revisit our situation a week from now and see if changes need to be made.

Great News: Amy from Blacksburg is coming to stay and help for one month! And ...she is bringing Liam!They arrive the 20th. This is something to definitly look forward too!!!

This week will be over soon and behind us. keep plugging through, keep plugging through...get through this rough patch. After all we have been through we are not going to let this week get us down, nope, get back up and keep plugging through. Things are fine. Things are just fine.

3 comments:

Noel said...

So glad to hear Amy is coming to visit!!!! And Liam, too! Kenji must be sooooo excited. Chin up, Gisa, you are doing great. We love you!!! N&D&Z&Z

Anonymous said...

Ma pauvre Gisa, que de soucis!!!!!
J'espère que Jm rentrera bientôt à la maison .
Bisous à toi qui doit être épuisée, stressée et angoissée.
Embrasse Keo et Kenji , pour moi.
Bisous , Vanina (qui pense tout le temps à vous)

Michelle said...

Gisa, you're being so strong. Its ok to feel down sometimes, or you wouldn't know what UP feels like. Glad JM is doing well, get him some crepes in there to fatten him up!
I really wish we still lived close to you, I would be there to help as much as possible.
Big hugs to the boys and to you.
All our love
Michelle, Francois, Laila and Max xxx