Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 8, 9 & 10 - A hiccup - but not to worry.

These past three days have been a little tough. Everything was going well till Monday. JM moving about in his bed and starting to eat some yogurt etc. Then Monday I went to see him again and all was fine until the nurses had a look at his stitches, wound. Something didn't look right and they called a few surgeons. It was agreed that JM was to be operated again and that it was urgent. I had a quick word with the surgeon before he took JM down to find out exactly what was going on. He said that due to JM's coughing and the fact that the amyloid illness makes his muscles weak on his stomach, some of the stitches, staples were coming undone. There was too much pressure from the muscles pushing out. Not a good thing.
So they rushed him down to the "Block" again and off he went. Before going in he gave be BACK his ring which we just put back on a day earlier. Doctors said surgery was only to last a few hours. They said to go home and call in the morning.
This time I was alone, it was late and I just had to walk myself back out the hospital and go to Rosas where the kids were waiting for me. Once I got there everyone was asleep so I went to bed and decided that I'd get the kids up early in the morning and head to Fontainebleau. I decided not to call the hospital till the kids got to school. So we packed up in the car early in PAris and headed out. Only this time....I went the wrong way and about 15 min. into my drive I realized I was heading towards the hospital and not home!!! So we all missed the morning of school and work. We finally made it and then I called the hospital. Nurses said he was doing well. He'd be back in his normal room by the afternoon. Surgery went well.
It was a long few days. Today JM is back in his room, and resting. Tomorrow, Thursday I have my first meeting with the surgeon to express my concerns and talk about what happened and why.
In the middle of this I lost my phone again. I only found it when Keo called me from the bathroom to scream "Mama....I think I'm peeing on your phone!" ---and there it was, my phone AGAIN in the toilet.
 Tuesday night Sandrine, JM"s sister came to stay with me, she arrived at 6pm, when she got in I just told her I needed sleep and off I went for a long nap till 10. I got up to find she made dinner and put the kids in bed. really nice. I took a shower and went back to bed. This morning I talked to JM again and he went on and on about a new Iphone application he wants to invent for the iphone....his mind was spinning!  Won't tell you what he great idea is but it's a great one! Has to do with a healthy way of life!
Today Sandrine is with the boys since there is no school. I'm off work in a little while and am happy I got good nights sleep last night.

Here are some pics:
Eiffel Tower in the distance. Horray for us and everyone!

Going in again.. but it's ok!
Sunset in the distance to keep our spirits high
A little smile for everyone.
Wash your hands everyone!

5 comments:

Veronica said...

So glad the operation went well, Gisa...your hubby is sooo cute and handsome. Love the picture.

I am also grateful you are keeping us all updated...hurray for technology and for your motivation to put picts up and to write...

Take care of yourself...glad you got some sleep and that Sandrine is helping you out and keeping you company. Please say hi to her from us.
Bisouuuuus

Andrea said...

Wow Gisa, of course this all does sound like SOP (standard operating procedure) for so complex a surgery! Still, having you disappear for a few days like this, is indeed a little like a thrilling spy novel!

So glad JMs okay, that YOU are okay, that the boys are fine ... that Sandrine is there!

Your pics are perfect! (... down to the hand sanitizer!)

We are keeping a candle burning.

Anonymous said...

Mince pour la deuxième opération de JM !!j'espère qu'il va vite s'en remettre
Et TOi ? tu dois être bien fatiguée, ma pauvre.
Je t'embrasse bien fort et je pense bcp à vous.
Vanina

Olga said...

I keep thinking about you. Keep strong, my friend! Hugs.

Lily said...

Hopefully the last surgery! JM is so cute in that picture. I see Keo and Kenji in that smile. Keep those pictures and stories coming Gisa. You need a headset celphone that you can't take off! Sleep sleep sleep when you can.
xoxoxo
Lily