Friday, April 15, 2011

Evening 19

Have come back from my visit with Jean-Marc.
JM has water in his lungs and stomach. They did an ultrasound today. Tomorrow he has a 3-D scan to give more information.

It is typical to have some water in lungs after an operation like this. Water usually goes away after operation with walking and sitting up. Unfortunately JM has been laying in bed for the last 15 days due to the second operation and problem on Sunday night. His feet are a swollen too. This is all due to water. He needs to walk more. We went on a walk today for about 15 minutes downstairs. He walks well. His voice is very weak but his was able to walk well. I told him to stand up straighter, to breath deeper. This will hopefully get the water out faster, with more walking and moving about..

JM is not a good mood. He was very down. His eyes didn't even look up... I told it was going to get better, that if this is all it is then be it, that from here on out it was going to get better. That with him now being a bit more rested he could move around more and get that water out. That from here on out it was time to move forward, day by day. Don't give up now. Don't let this get you down.

Tonight he takes a sleeping pill to get him through the night with no interruptions. H will walk again in the morning, then again at noon and again in the evening. I will see him around 1pm, get his second walk in. No visitors before 1pm. This sleeping pill will get him the rest he desperately needs to give him the energy to walk in the morning.

There was no room, there is no room to feel upset or cry. There is not one bone in my body that feels upset or sad. My body tells me this is not the time to give up or let go , lash out. This is the time for conserving energy for this weekend and keeping our thoughts positive.

I'll see JM tomorrow, will have more news about the scan and move forward.

Get the water out of lungs and stomach.

JM, don't give up now, I know it's hard my bumby, but not now. I know your feeling low, defeated, get back up and march on, we will get through this my love.

2 comments:

Olga said...

I keep thinking about you guys and sending you strength and love. Keep being strong for your family. You are such a hero, Gisa! Hugs.

Gisa and JM said...

Thanks for your thoughts Olga, I told Kenji you're writing and he was happy, says he would like to write you. Hanging in there..