Monday, April 18, 2011

Evening 22.

Dear Blacksburg, friends and family,

We are doing well today. JM is feeling strong!

Today started off a bit slow, kids and I rolled out of bed, a little too late for work, a little too late for tennis camp, a little too late for any breakfast. Somehow we all made it to camp and work though, late, but at this point WHO CARES. Our first day in many alone as 3 in our own house in Fontainebleau. Boys were not in any mood for camp, but they had no choice, mama has to get to work, and it does them good to get some sun and exercise, of course, staying home with my boys would have been nice too, but somehow I think it does all of us some good to get up, get ready and start our day, better late than never.
I had promised JM I wouldn't call him unless he phoned me. Don't want to wake him, you never know how his night went. I try not to stress about it if I don't hear from him.  So I tried my best not to worry, kept my head in my job and ...waited. JM's mom called me a few times a little nervous herself as to why she couldn't reach him. I just told her that he was probably sleeping, maybe turned off the phone..this and that. Somehow settling someones else's feelings made me feel more in control.
Kenji and Keo's tennis camp is next to INSEAD, where I work. So it really could not be any better. I park at the tennis courts, drop off my little monkeys with a hug and kiss and walk up to my office only 5 minutes away :) At lunch I get them and we picnic in the forest behind INSEAD or they eat with me at the cantine. Then an hour ...or two later...I drop them back off at camp and get back to work. The set-up is really great.
At 4 I got them again, brought them over, let them play computer for awhile, got them paper to make paper airplanes, gave them my ID so they could by goodies and they were good to go for another hour on their own. Then my colleague Virginie said "why don't you take them to the cinema tonight?!" Great idea!!! So I went and bought our tickets that they sell at work, popped them in an envelope, wrote their names on it with a smiley face and just before we left my office I handed them their gifts! They were so happy!!! What a change of pace for once! Off to the movies! We headed home, I took a quick nap, and then we headed to Fontainebleau city centre for our movie night! It was great. Really really great. We got our 3-d glasses, skipped dinner, bought popcorn and coke, watched "RIO" a fantastic movie and had a super evening. Kenji, once we sat down and the movie started said "thank you mama..."
Well, thank you Virginie for getting my head out of my head and seeing the world today a little differently. I don't know if I would have had the energy to think of getting movie tickets today...
We ended our evening quite late, walked through town a bit which was still up and lively, thought for a second we could eat out on a terrace, drinking a glass of wine...then thought how crazy that was to think that, then came to my senses and realized we all needed a good sleep.. made our way home, ate some bananas, cheese and milk and went to bed. I came back down to charge my phone and saw that JM called.

Today was a good day for him :)) He sounded strong on the phone tonight. He said he felt better. No bleeding today, his blood count is normal, no transfusions. He sees the Urologist sometime this week to get a second opinion on some things. My meeting with the doctor, Dr. Antonini may be tomorrow but I'm still waiting for a confirmation on that. I have also requested to meet with Dr. Lozeron, Dr. Adams and Dr. Samual, the doctors and professors we spent so much time talking to before his operation, I haven't seen them ONCE since the operation. So I've contacted Colette Danette - lady that coordinates all the appointments and gave her a piece of my mind today in the form of an email both and French and English and demanded an appointment with all four. I told her it's been 3 weeks. 3 weeks of stuff that should have never happened in the first place. I want to make sure that what JM has experienced is getting back to the doctors that cared "so" much about him and us in the first place. I'm starting to get angry here...let's end this post back on a good note:

So today...sunny day...movie day...JM is well...voice is strong...was happy to hear from me...Kids were happy....sunny day, smiley faces, popcorn, coke, ..talked to my mama again tonight...peaceful evening, comfy pajamas.

ok, good night.
all is well.
bisous,
gisa

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Gisa,

We're sending Amy/Lliam to you today!! I know they will each have supports for the family - take care.

So glad about movie night. So "Rio" is a good one, eh?

Anonymous said...

Super si les enfants ont pu voir le film au ciné, hier soir. c'est vrai qu'ils avaient l'air heureux d'y aller.
Et moi je sais que Kenji attend son ami Liam avec bcp d'imaptience!!!!!
bises, Vanina

Olga said...

So glad it was a good day!
You are a wonderful mama and a great woman!

Andrea said...

Hi Gisa,

http://www.caringmeals.com/

I hope this is available to you in France!

- ak